eufy, Ring, Nest and Arlo are the top players in the smart video doorbell field.
They all provide versatile and sleek video doorbells that are super popular among customers.
Doorbell Expert Team has reviewed all of the doorbells from the 4 brands and provide this comparison guide so that you can get the best one ASAP.
#1. eufy VS Ring VS Nest VS Arlo Smart Doorbell Comparison Table
#2. eufy VS Ring VS Nest Hello VS Arlo Video Doorbell: Comparison in Every Way
We compare the 4 smart video doorbell brands in almost every perspective so that you can check the full details on their similarities and differences.
1. Resolution: eufy video doorbell boast live stream in 2K resolution (2560 x 1920 pixels). This 2K video doorbell enables you to view and record videos in 2K stunning clarity.
Ring Video doorbell series has 5 video doorbells for your choice. The first ring video doorbell delivers videos and images in only 720p, and the other 4 doorbells deliver 1080p live view.
Nest Hello Video Doorbell provides 2MP (1080p) videos on your smartphone, while Arlo Video Doorbell shoots higher resolution images with 1536 pixels.
2. Night vision. All of the 4 smart video doorbells provide clear night vision images with the built-in IR LEDs.
3. Power supply. Eufy, Nest Hello and Arlo Video Doorbell need to be wired to the current door box to get the power supply.
Ring Video Doorbell, Video Doorbell 2 and Door View Cam are all battery-powered. These battery-operated doorbells can also connect to the current doorbell wiring for non-stop power supply.
Ring Video Doorbell Pro is a hardwired doorbell type and the Video Doorbell Elite is PoE doorbell type.
PoE doorbells simply need an Ethernet cable to realize both power and network connection.
4. Network. Except Ring Video Doorbell Elite, other Ring video doorbell devices, eufy, Nest and Arlo doorbells all rely on the WiFi connection to realize remote live stream, two-way talk or playback videos, etc.
Ring Video Doorbell Elite provides 2 network connection ways: WiFi and PoE.
If you opt to WiFi network connection, you need to hardwire the Doorbell Elite for power supply can connect to your home router via WiFi signal.
If you prefer the PoE connection, you can simply connect the Doorbell Elite to your router via an Ethernet cable to get data and power transmission.
5. Two-way audio. All of the wireless or wired video doorbells have built-in microphones and speakers so that you can realize real-time communication with your visitors.
You can talk to the delivery man to leave your packages in a safe position to prevent package theft, or shout at and scare off any unwanted “guests”.
6. Motion detection. The 4 smart video doorbells adopt different types of motion detection methods.
eufy Video Doorbell adopts AI human recognition to identify a person and alerts in real time when there is a person on the front porch.
Ring Video Doorbell series and Arlo doorbell use PIR sensors to detect the motion events. The motion sensor doorbells sense the temperature of objects, which is able to tell the differences between warm moving objects and waving branches.
Nest Hello supports person, motion and sound alerts help you detect visitors. With the Nest Aware, the doorbell lets you know if it spots a person or a package.
7. Video storage. eufy Video Doorbell saves the motion-triggered videos locally in the military-grade AES-256 chip without cloud storage.
Other smart video doorbells record the motion detection videos on the cloud with a monthly subscription.
8. Pre-buffer recording. Only eufy Video Doorbell supports the pre-buffering recording (3 seconds) so that you can view the whole picture prior to the initial alert.
Other wired or wireless video doorbells only record videos upon there are motion detection events.
#3. 3-Minute Buying Guide to Pick the Best Video Doorbell Brands
Actually, all of the smart video doorbells work perfectly in monitoring the front door. To help you pick the best brand that fits your needs.
1. Pick eufy Video Doorbell for No Monthly Fees
If you want a video doorbell without subscription, eufy Video Doorbell is the only choice among the 4 brands.
You can save all the videos locally without paying monthly fees for cloud storage, which will save your budget in the long run.
If you want more video doorbells with local storage, check this post for several top picks in the market.
2. Choose Ring, Nest or Arlo Video Doorbell for Cloud Storage
If you worry that someone will steal your doorbell, which will lead to losing video recordings stored in the doorbell itself, you can consider the Ring, Nest and Arlo smart video doorbells.
You can save the videos to the cloud and playback the videos anytime on your smartphone app. Even the vicious people steal your doorbell, you can still access the recorded videos on the cloud and give the videos to the police as evidence.
Here are the top 5 solutions to help you protect your doorbell from being stolen.
3. Select Ring Video Doorbell Series for Most Cost-Effective or Versatile Doorbells
Ring doorbell series has 5 options that can fit your every budget. And the 5 different video doorbell types can meet your wide-application needs in your property, like home, business, etc.
Even if you rent an apartment, you can install the Ring Door View Cam that is tailored for your apartment door without drillig or running messy cables.
You can check more video doorbells for apartment here.
4. Get eufy Video Doorbell for Highest Resolution
If you want to enjoy the most crystal-clear live streaming or video recordings, go for eufy 2K video doorbell.
You’ll see the clearest video clips so that you can recognize peple’s faces. Should any crime happen, the clear videos are really effecitve to help the police catch the bad guys.
You can watch the video below to see how clear the 2K video doorbell’s images are.